Thursday 25 March 2010

Orient Express


I haven't had much time to craft lately (no more days off work with colds) and when I could be crafting I really should be doing my annual accounts. Something I always put off until the last possible minute and then some! However I did want to use this fantastic image by Mo Manning on a birthday card for a friend. She is in Japan at the moment visiting her daughter who is spending a year out there teaching English, and her birthday is on Sunday, the day she flies home. I had already coloured the image some time ago without really thinking about what papers I had to match so was pleased to find a couple in a mixed batch of Basic Grey I ordered from craft superstore recently. I used a trusty Promarker to edge the papers and make them stand out, a technique I borrowed from my sister Jenni, also edging the flowers to tie the colours in. I didn't have time to find a challenge to enter before I started so I was really pleased to find three different ones it will fit into.
They are:
Colour Create Challenge -Your Choice of Pastels
Pile It On -Furry Friends
SophistiCat Challenge - Mint green,lilac & one other colour + flowers
I hope she likes it!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Gillian
    Love the image, such pretty colours too. Thanks for joining us for the Colour Create Challenge.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card! Thanks for joining us at PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure she'll love it Gill, your little kimono girl is beautifully coloured.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete