Friday 22 July 2011

Oh so Girly

The new challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days this fortnight is Oh So Girly. We are being sponsored this time by The Poodles Parlour. 
The last challenge  Add an Animal was very well supported and I had great fun looking at all the entries and visiting so many cool blogs. 
I really love this image as the dress reminds me of the kind we wore when we were young,so many years ago!! She also reminds me of my sister Jenni when she was little, I'm not sure if it was intended as a self portrait but that was what prompted me to use it and to give her red hair. I bought a new pack of papers and my first Martha Stewart punch  which I thought would really fit in with the girly theme. I love the butterflies and glitter and the chinzy flowers on the papers. I wanted to make the little blue butterflies  which I added to give a focus stand out from the card so I curled some acetate strips with my heat-gun and stuck them to it, it's a bit tricky to see from my poor photography but they actually stand about an inch from the card. The two branches in the foreground which are also a Cardmadfairy image were coloured to match the flowers in the backing paper to try to give a feel of the little girl being surrounded by flowers and butterflies.
I would also like to take part in the following challenges
http://diekreativenstempelfreunde.blogspot.com/ summer
http://kbchallenges.blogspot.com/ use a Digi
http://stampsfun-creativity.blogspot.com/ use a Digi
http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/ flowers
http://flutterbywednesdays.blogspot.com/ open
http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/ glitter (on backing paper and flowers)
http://craft-roomchallenge.blogspot.com/ butterflies
http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.com anything goes
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.com/ summer

15 comments:

  1. I love the card Gill, the image was not intended as a self portrait - didn't even cross my mind but I really do like her - she looks really happy don't you think? Love your new papers and the MS punch wish I could afford some more of these too :o) Look forward to seeing you soon.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card! and I love your colours! Thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge and good luck. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet card - love your 'flying' Butterflies..Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, love your details :-) Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to enter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gillian...you come up with the most amazing cards. So love the papers and your colouring. Also the way you have added those butterflies for her to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card!! Such a sweet image! thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! I love the little redheaded girl (I have red hair too) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge. Hope you join us next time too. Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card just sings Summer Gillian - I can feel the sun shining from here lol.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply adorable card, thanks for playing with us this week at OSAAT for our “Flowers” Challenge.

    Good luck with the draw, we hope to see you play along with us in August for our “Pretty in Print” contest. I have some yummy candy to Celebrate too.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card, Thank you for joining us at Craft-room challenge. Hugs

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty girl and gorgeous card this is , love the image and all those lovely pretty flowers.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gillian, what a pretty pink girl card- love that image so pretty, thanks for joining us at Craft Room challenge- Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is WONDERFULLY Girl! Lovel work!
    Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Shelly's Images "Show Us What You GOT" Challenge.
    We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gillian! I like your little girl and brightness of colors!

    Thank you for joining us for the Summer challenge at Little Miss Muffet stamps!
    Hope to see you again!
    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete